View Profile T-rebel

19 Movie Reviews

That person-sized joint, tho...

Am I allowed to give this a 6? I mean dayum that was well done!

Great animation, and I get the whole training bit making it kinda like Dragonball. But, at the same time I kinda feel like there wasn't much DBZ flavor to this aside from the background music, which was great. I just think it could have had a few more elements to make it really feel like some kind of cross over.

121 Audio Reviews

It's all 'round pretty good. I really like the synths you used for the melody, and I thought it was a pretty cool break beat.

Still, I think the master volume's too high, and your drums could use a bit less compression. I'd also like to hear the bass a bit more clearly (maybe tweak its volume up a tad and then lower the master?).

So, all around, I'd say great riff/melody and well-looped. It's a really seamless transition. Just fix the EQ a bit, and I'd give it an easy 5.

It's a bird! It's a plane! No wait, it's 0:37 seconds of wicked adventure intro!

Dude, purely as an intro, that was [several expletives deleted]ing phenomenal. Flawless levels across the board, great melody, and some really awesome staccato strings. Just great.

Just too bad it was over faster than... a speeding bullet

CaptinEpic responds:

Thank you very much for the kind words T-Rebel. I might possibly add on to this one.

I think your 2 and 4 count hits are clipping. You should bring the volume to come down a bit on those. Loved the bass, and the guitar melodies. Also a very cool intro. Honestly, this felt more like smooth jazz to me than hip hop at times, but either way I gotta say I liked it. And that last section that went all out Radiohead Kid A was pretty impressive too. So basically my only qualms are about the beat. First, that it was a bit too minimalist for the rest of the instrumentation, and second that I think your 2-4 is a bit loud. Otherwise this might be one of the better tracks I've heard on here.

phosphorusprocedure responds:

Thanks for the review! I definitely agree with you about the drums. I was in the process of moving files over from one computer to another, so I didn't have all my drum samples on me at the time I put this track together, so I did a beatbox and chopped it up so it'd go rhythmically, but it doesn't really have enough oomph to carry the track. And rooting out the source of the clipping was also a bit of a pain. I thought it was the bassline and turned that way down, but I guess it could be the snares too...

Glad you dug the reverse part. I took the chord progression and melody in FL Studio, used Horizontal Flip on them, and played that with my guitar so when I'd reverse it, it would have the same progression as in the rest of the track, except backwards. It took some time to line up the pieces correctly, but I think it sounds purty cool.

Again, thanks for the review!

3 Art Reviews

Ominus and Awesome

That child's face seems to know things it shouldn't at such a young age. I get the feeling that this child blames me for her circumstance. Something about the background (maybe the direction of the lighting and the red?) suggests imminent danger.

It's very discomforting, but very well executed.

Pretty good...

Hairstyle is flawless. Also, I like the decision to go without feet, keeps it a bit minimalist and evokes that this is a 'dream girl'.

The shins both point inwards... it look like a pigeon-toed stance, but the left knee isn't bent; so somehow it seems awkward. Also, you have that sexy-V crotch thing going, but the angle of her right thigh makes it look misaligned; it looks properly aligned on the other leg, though.

The torso's great with the single exception of her collar bones; they seem a bit too long and defined.Thing is, the collar bones as you have them are a head-on view, while her left arm's shading suggests that she's slightly in profile. I think if you'd just had one jutting in from her right shoulder, you'd have that slight profile you were going for.

I really like the facial expression with the wink; great job making that look natural. Winks are often tough to pull off.

Nice work!

Awesome torso & hair. Those damn schoolgirl shirts were always the bane of my existence, so congrats on a job well done there. The coif's got a perfect "droop" to it, so that it looks light but not fake.

but those sausage legs kinda throw me... I don't know how I would have done them differently exactly, but somehow those just stick out as awkward to me. The only vague suggestions from me would be to make them a bit thinner and shorter, and to bring the knee caps a bit higher (or make the boots longer up the legs?).

36, Male